Free 8-week Mindfulness Based Living Course via Zoom Video Conferencing commencing 4th June 2020
First in the Queue has been awarded a grant from the Everyone Project to provide this course to anyone who looks after another with complex mental health problems.
The course will be held in real time online on for eight weeks starting Thursday 4th June 2020. It will run from 7pm (1900) to 8.30pm (20:30)
If you feel that you would be able to commit to at least 6 of the 8 sessions (this will allow you to get the very best out of the course), please sign up using the form at the bottom of this page.
Places are limited to a maximum of 15 people over the age of 18, so register your interest to avoid disappointment.
The benefits have been widely reported, with scientific studies showing the following:
- people who regularly practice mindfulness, show changes in the brain associated with decision-making, attention and empathy
- the area in the brain associated with the regulation of emotion is increased by regular meditation
- regular meditators report an improvement in attention, job performance, and productivity
- meditation has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system
People who have learned and continue to regularly practise mindfulness, report:
- long-lasting physical and psychological stress reduction
- an overall increase in their well-being
- are better able to control addictive behaviour
- less likely to get stuck in depression and unnatural tiredness
This course requires no prior experience, although you will be asked to fill in a registration form, once you have decided you wish to take part. There is also a further opportunity to take part in some anonymous research, but there is no obligation to do so.
You will receive an e-Manual in pdf format free of charge – as part of the course.
The Course consists of the following:
- Week 1 – Start Where We Are (4h June 2020)
- Week 2 – The Body as a Place to Stay Present (11h June 2020)
- Week 3 – Introducing Mindfulness Support (18th June 2020)
- Week 4 – Working with Distraction (25h June 2020)
- Week 5 – Exploring the Undercurrent (2nd July 2020)
- Week 6 – Attitude of the Observer (9th July 2020)
- Week 7 – Self-acceptance (16th July 2020)
- Week 8 – A Mindfulness Based Life (23rd July 2020)
Still interested in taking part? Sign up below: